- Preparatory Course for GCE N(T) Level Examination
Introduction to GCE N(T)-Level
GCE N(T)-Level is the abbreviation for General Certificate of Education Normal (Technical) Level. The Ministry of Education, Singapore and the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) are the joint examining authorities for the Singapore-Cambridge GCE N(T)-Level examination. Students who pass the examination will be awarded with the GCE N(T)-Level certificate which is recognized by The British Commonwealth of Nations.
GCE N(T)-Level Course Modules and Syllabus
Nanyang Language & Business School provides English, Mathematics, Science and Basic Chinese as GCE N(T)-Level examination subjects.
Nanyang Language & Business School conducts periodic assessments to assess students' performance so as to provide them with immediate feedback. Nanyang Language & Business School takes the responsibility to make sure that all students are kept on track and help them to achieve good grades in the official examinations. Periodic assessments will be held approximately every 3 months and students can expect mock examinations when official examination date is near.
For more course details and syllabus information, please refer to the official website of Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB).
GCE N(T)-Level Examination Information
GCE N(T)-Level examinations are held from early July to Mid October every year. Detailed examination schedule will be published on Ministry of Education website during March.
Examination registration will be done by Nanyang Language & Business School. GCE N(T)-Level Examination registration fees are listed on the website of Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board. Examination results will be released during December in the following year after examination.
GCE N(T) Examination Grading System
The grading criteria are as below:
Grade Percentage of subject marks (%) A1 Above 75% A2 70%-75% B3 60%-69% B4 60%-64% C5 55%-59% C6 50%-54% D7 45%-49% E8 40%-44% F9 Below 40% (Failed)
GCE N(T)-Level Admission Criteria
GCE N(T)-Level Half-year Course
- Above 15 years old, China High school grade 2 and above.
- Pass in English i.e.50% of total mark of Gao Kao or current High school
- Has interest and good attitude towards study, willing to work hard (testified by parents).
Duration: 1-6 months Timetable: Monday to Friday:9.00 am to 6.00 pm
7.00 pm to 8.30 pm (Self-study, Voluntary)
The optimum teacher-student ratio stipulated for the courses is capped at 1:23.
GCE N(T)-Level Completion Criteria
Students who pass the examination will be awarded with the GCE N(T)-level certificate by the Ministry of Education, Singapore and the University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).
As GCE N(T)-Level certificate is well recognized especially by Polytechnics and ITE in Singapore, students are strongly encouraged to apply for local institutions as follows:
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Temasek Polytechnic
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
- Junior Colleges
- Institute of Technical Education
NanyangLanguage & Business Schoolalso welcomes our N(T)-Level graduates with good grade to join our O-Level Preparatory Course and aim high for further education.
Course Commencement and End Date
All Full Time courses commence on the 2nd of January and End on 31 December of every year. Students may join classes at any time in the year as long as they agree to the School's terms and conditions.
Manner of Assessment
The assessment scheme for modules in the School’s courses is standardised as follows:
Class Test/Project / Assignment / Homework/ Attendance Written examination 40% 60%
- The class test/ project/ assignment/ homework/ attendance component may have sub-components if deemed appropriate by the teacher. These multiple assessments collectively help teaching staff to reliably establish the abilities and competencies of students.
- Borderline fail cases will be reviewed appropriately. The student may justify his or her failure with the group of teachers concerned. Final decision will be made by Examination Board.
A list of students who meet the requirements for a School award will be compiled at the end of each course. For a student to receive this award, besides meeting the course requirements for graduation, fees must be paid in full and the student must have a minimum overall attendance of 75% (or 90% for international students) for the entire course.
Students who have not passed their modules may submit an appeal for review of results using our school's Results Appeal Form through the Administrative Manager stating their reasons. This appeal must be submitted within 1 week of the release of the exam results, together with payment of the required fee.
- The School works within the following timeline for processing and releasing the final exam results and appeal results. a) Release of final exam results – within 4 weeks after completion of the final paper of the examination b) Release of appeal results – within 4 weeks from the official date of release of the exam results (or 3 weeks from the close of the appeal period)
- A student whose appeal is unsuccessful may apply to the School to take a re-test with payment of a re-test fee. This application must be submitted within 1 week of the release of the appeal results. If the student fails the re-test, he must either repeat the module or take a new module in order to accumulate the required number of passed modules for graduation.
- A student who chooses not to appeal may apply to the School to take a re-test, with payment of a re-test fee, within 1 week of the release of the exam results.
Course Completion Criteria and Award
During the course, our school will award a certificate of commendation to student who has achieved >70% score in 2 consecutive monthly assessments and has at least 90% attendance.
Upon successful course completion, Nanyang Language and Business School will issue certificate of attendance. The students will then register and sit for GCE N(T) Level examination as a private candidate.
- Preparatory Course for GCE N(T) Level Examination